Tuesday, June 10, 2014

So, I wrote this book...






Okay, you guys (and gals) all know that I love to write, right? Hehee. Yeah. Anything from grocery lists to poetry, children's stories and romance. I also love to doodle a bit with drawing but my real passion has always been to makeup characters, give them pesonalities a little over the top, problems galore, then sit back and see what kind of stuff they can get in to.

Leslie and Jay almost didn't get their happy-ever-after. Things looked pretty grim for awhile...especially once Spike (the bald-biker dude) decided he wanted much more from Leslie. The whole enchilada, so to speak. Whew! Lucky for her Madame Luella is equiped to handle most any situation. And Mr. Jingles...well, that adorable little guy is practically busting at the seams to get them together.

Man of Her Dreams is getting ready to launch. The new and improved version will be back up soon and available to purchase on Amazon and Barnes and Noble ebook sites.

I don't actually have a release date yet, but as soon as I do, I'll let you know.


It's been really hectic around here and I'm naturally slow at this kind of stuff so bear with me.

But in case I haven't proudly shown off the new cover....

Ta-Da!  What do'ya think? Gorgeous, right?  I know, I'm in love. And you will be too as soon as you
meet Jay & Leslie and her very funny outspoken friend, Sally.




Here's just a peek at the chemisty between them:



     Leslie rolled onto her side, reached up and stroked his cheek.  “I’ve got a confession.”
     “Let me get my collar.” He grinned as he grabbed the bed pillow to stuff behind his head. 
     “I’m serious, Jay.”
     “So am I. You think I’m a saint. But honestly, the direction of my thoughts is purely sinful.”
     “I met your mom tonight. Madame Luella. Sally and I went for a reading.”
     Hearing his mother’s name pulled him up short. The idea of Luella and Leslie together made his stomach churn. 
     Jay froze, bracing himself on his elbow to see her more clearly. “What were you hoping to find out? And why not just ask me? I can fill you in on all the sordid details.”

     The silence in the room was broken by the whirling sound of the ceiling fan. He had foolishly believed Leslie cared for him. That the two of them…maybe shared something. Instead, realization hit hard like a kick in the stomach. They came from two different worlds and could never share anything more than lust.

    “Now you can leave,” he said, sitting up on the bed. Leslie had used him. First as a mechanic and now for her own entertainment. “I’ve decided I’d rather be alone after all.” 

     Her hand touched his shoulder and he shoved it off like blazing iron. “Jay, listen to me. I didn’t go there asking questions about your life. I went to find answers to mine.” Her voice quivered, her concern seemed genuine and he wondered if he misjudged her. Maybe Leslie and Luella shared more attributes than he’d first suspected. 

     “I had no idea Madame Luella was your mother. The way you pass yourself off as perfect, I was beginning to think you didn’t even have one.”
     “Everyone has a mother.”
     “Oh, yeah? For all I know you were crafted out of steel like those damned yard ornaments. Hard and unbending!”

     Despite his aching disappointment, he still wanted her.  “No sense denying that fact,” he said and grabbed her hand to place on his erection, hard and thick between them. “I don’t know what kind of thrills you’re looking for, Leslie. Or if everything’s just a game to you. But if you’re still up to it, I’ll play.” 

     Surprisingly, her hand fingers curved over him, her fingers softly massaging the ache between his legs. With a groan, he rolled onto his side. The need to feel her naked beneath him sent a zap of heat through him.

     Passion scorched like fire in his veins, flames so fierce he could hear his own heartbeat thumping in his ears. He buried his face alongside her neck, dropping kisses from her earlobe to the delicate curve of her shoulder. His hands slid beneath her shirt. The silkiness of her skin teased his fingers and he probed beneath her bra and cupped her breasts. 

     “You’d better decide quickly if you’re staying or not. I can’t guarantee how much longer I’ll play nice.”

     Leslie’s arms came up around him. “What can you guarantee, Jay?”
     “A damned good time,” he said and rolled on top, pinning her to the mattress.
 
 
 
 



 

 

 

 

 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. You're awesome!