Tuesday, November 20, 2012

The Next Big Thing





The Next Big Thing is a blog circle where authors tag each other. This allows fellow authors to showcase their Work-in-Progress (WIP).

Critique partner Monique Devere tagged me so without further ado…here goes!


Ten interview questions about my current WIP.












 

1. What is the working title for your book?

Letters From Inside

2. Where did the idea come from?

Hubby had left on a fishing trip for ten days and since I live very rural, like the middle of nowhere, I got to thinking what would happen if someone- a man someone…stranger, wandered back to the house asking for directions. What if- after realizing I was home alone, he wouldn’t leave?

3. What genre does your book fall under? 

Romantic suspense.

4. Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition?
It’s my dream to transport the reader into a world where they become the protagonists. But I think Brad Pitt would make a really creepy ex-con. And Tom Selleck to play my hero (because all my hero are fashioned after him.) The heroine- always has my face.  :  )

5. What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book?

Linda Wheeler divorced her cheating alcoholic husband for a better life and discovers single parenting is harder than she imagined. And now the real challenge begins. Her teenage daughter has a pen-pal. One who is serving time in Jackson State Penitentiary.

 


6. Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?

I’m undecided. One minute I plan to submit it to a publisher...and the next, I consider doing it myself.

7. How long did it take to write the first draft?

I wrote this story years ago and fiddled around with it even longer.

8. What other book would you compare this story to within your genre?

Since mostly I read romance, this book has love story within. It reminds me of Karen Robards, The Midnight Hour.

9. Who or what inspired you to write this book?

Once an idea takes form, it grows from there by asking myself who, what, when, why and where.

10. What else about this book might pique the reader’s interest?

As a mother who's biggest concern is whether her family is happy, fed and safe. I know others must feel the same way. What would you do if you’d discovered the biggest threat to yourself or your family came from inside?

Jessie turned on the small Holly Hobby lamp craddling the phone cradled next to her ear as she removed a wrinkled envelope from beneath the waistband of her jeans. 

Her friend Lisa’s high pitched squeal blasted through the receiver. “That makes what? Four? Five?”

“Five, not counting the card he made for me.”

“What will you do if he wants to meet you or something? What if he’s like totally weird…or a sex pervert? Have you thought of that? He could be a real psycho.”

“You’re starting to sound just like my mom,” Jessie said, suddenly not as brave. Her stomach fluttered. Maybe this hadn’t been such a good idea. “The guy’s locked up, remember? Unless he’s Houdini there’s not much he can do behind bars,” she said and released another long exaggerated breath.

“I don’t think you should write him again. Besides. Couldn’t he get in trouble, you know, writing to a minor?”

“That’s the best part. I signed the letter Linda Wheeler. Cool huh?” 




 
YA author Ednah Walters, author of The Guardian Legacy is tagged. Please stop by her blog and read all about her Next Big Thing.
 
http://ednahwalters.blogspot.co.uk/2012/11/the-next-best-thing-essence-book-1-of.html

And then stop by Crimson Romance author Johanna Lloyd. She's been tagged as well! Her blogsite is
http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fjoannalloydauthor.wordpress.com%2F&h=WAQG9OnaI
Include the link of who tagged you.
 
And that's what I have planned for My Next Big Thing. Nothing left to do but find a tag another blogger.
In case I don't see you before... Happy Thankgiving!



4 comments:

  1. Your premise sounds intriguing! I think it will make a great book. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Robyn! I'll admit this book is close to my heart because it's the second manuscript I ever completed. We'll see what happens next!

      Delete
  2. Hi, Tere!

    This sounds really edge-of-the-seat stuff. I can't wait to get my hands on it LOL!

    I LOOOOOOOOVE Tom Selleck! I had a major crush on him when I was a teen, and I've been smitten with him ever since. The man is just so cute... and aging very well :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Monique~
    Although it probably dates me,too. But hey, he's perfect hero material! And yeah, he is aging well.
    Yum!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. You're awesome!