Social media - who needs it?
Seriously. At first I loved the idea of instantly being in the groove with all my friends and family. I mean, who doesn’t love to be in the know by simply clicking your finger? Almost instantly, I discover which one of my friends got a new car. A new house. Scrolling on, I learn who may have lost their pet, a job, or even a loved one. And while some go out for pizza, others dine on steak or burgers on the grill. I receive at least a dozen requests asking that I send them on to ten beautiful ladies, myself included, to find out who has your heart.
Truth is, I’m learning that the more time I spend online, the less focused I am on real life going on around me. I’m becoming so accustomed to grabbing a few minutes to scroll the continuous stream on Facebook, compelled to catch up on all the latest news stories (true or not) that I have a much bigger issue- staying motivated to do anything else! I’ve seen heartbreaking videos of car crashes, police violence, even funny dancing dogs and classic cartoons. With just the click of my mouse, I gain a new friend or answer an instant message. After all, no one actually talks on the telephone anymore when it’s so easy to text.
My brain is bu. Why would I read a book, go for a walk, or fold the laundry when I can literally watch someone’s life unfold RIGHT BEFORE MY EYES?
And sadly, every few minutes I’m drawn back to the dark screen with a magnetic pull, checking for the latest update.
If I were to tally my time spent peeking into other people’s lives, it would be embarrassing.
So, feeling the need for a change, I've decided to find a new outlet. Something to occupy my time (other than writing, of course)
What, you ask? It's watercolors!
I've always loved coloring pictures, and the crafty side of me is dying to dive in and discover if I'm any good with water coloring them too.
I selected this easy beginner's book complete with paint and two brushes.
I'm going to love this!
0 comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. You're awesome!